Through Better Together, your donation of $10 or more is eligible for a tax receipt.
As a non-profit, volunteer-run organization, 100% of your money goes directly to supporting the families, when you donate through one of our partnering churches.
How To Donate
CLICK HERE to donate online through Northumberland United Way
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page or click “Donate Now”
- Enter your donation amount
- Use the drop down menu to select Better Together Refugee Sponsorship
In partnership with Better Together, Northumberland United Way is graciously waiving their usual processing fee. However, Canada Helps charges a 3.5% fee on any donation for the use of their online fundraising platform. You will receive a tax receipt for 100% of your donation.
Cash or Cheque
- Make your cheque payable to ONE of our partnering churches (choose ONE listed below)
- You must indicate “Better Together Refugee Sponsorship” in the memo line
- Cheques may be mailed or delivered in person to the receiving church you choose:
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Church on the Hill
- Cobourg Alliance Church
- Fellowship Baptist Church
- Grace Christian Reformed Church
- Grace Evangelical Missionary Church
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
Tax receipts will be issued directly from the receiving church
Anonymous donors have generously offered to match donations from our community, dollar for dollar, up to $30,000!
For more information on the costs of hosting a refugee family, click here.
We encourage our generous community to sustain their current support for local needs, while challenging ourselves to give sacrificially over and above to this global crisis.